Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hate Free Zone



Lets get one thing straight



I'm not



Straight that is



I'm gay



as gay as they come



Full rainbow flag flying



card carrying member



of the dyke club.



I don't mind seeing straight people make out



but I don't want to hear about the rest



any more than a straight person wants to hear



about how I went down



on my girl last night.



But one thing is certain



it may not be my American right



but it is my HUMAN right



that I can love whoever I'd like.



So unless you want a queer like me



running for office of presidency



and outlawing your marriage to the redneck on the corner that



you've spent the last two years dreaming about



then move, follow, or get out of the way



this isn't the age of Aquarius



and this is not the home of the brave



it's the home of the weak,



ignorant, and misconceived



and this my friends is the age of the gays.



To stand up and fight for what is right




Give me your hand and walk with me



I'll show you a piece of real life



The people who hate me because im 'strange'



The looks we get when we walk a little to close



womens sickened stares



mens sex craved stares



all of them piercing through me



Close your eyes look at it differently



Do I stare because your crippled,



or because your not the worlds perseption of perfect..... no



I smile at you and say 'Hi'



Just to be ignored and snikered at



But I let it go, you cant break me down



See I know you have family or someone close to you who is gay



you don't ignore them



Now open your eyes, no more pretending



You turn on your tv like every other day



'The struggles of a young actress' is the topic on your favorite

entertainment show



It must sound appealing, or are you in awe



As I tell the stories of the women that ignored my friendly gestures



only because I'm gay





Now that you see my name in lights you recall the girl on tv



she spoke to you that day



You ask yourself 'why was I so rude she was just being nice'



Yes I could hate you or hold a grudge but I don't



I only felt sorry for you that your ignorance of people has made you cruel



So next time say 'hi' cause the next time you look on tv you may see

someone just like me

Thank you 'Upgraded' for posting this on your blog. I, for one, appreciate it. Perfected worded and perfected spoken. I hear you loud and clear!

No comments: